Sony World Photography Awards 2012
- Open Competition – for amateurs and enthusiasts
- Professional Competition – for serious photographers with a true passion for the job
- Youth Award – for anyone under the age of 25
- Moving Image Award – for those experimenting with moving image narrative formats
- 3D Award – for anyone using true 3D technology in photography or video
- Between $5,000 and $25,000 (according to the category)
In the Professional division you can enter a minimum of three and a maximum of 10 images per category. You may enter as many categories as you wish. In the Open division, you can enter up to 3 images in total for free. These images may be entered across any of the categories. You may enter more images by upgrading your membership – Advanced Members can enter up to 8 images and Premium members can enter up to 20 images. In the Youth Award, you can enter up to 3 images in total for free. These images may be entered across any of the categories.
Image requirements: Not smaller than 800KB and no larger than 3MB. Jpeg or Tiff format. Saved in the RGB colour model.
Online submission only.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: worldphoto.org/competitions/about-the-sony-world-photography-awards/