The Appalachian Mountain Photography Competition 2008
This competition provides both amateur and professional photographers the opportunity to showcase their interpretation of the unique character, people, places, and pursuits that distinguish the Southern Appalachians.Participants may enter a maximum of three (3) images in each of the following six (7) categories:
- ADVENTURE – Imagery depicting mountain sports such as climbing, kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, etc.
- BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY VISTAS – Imagery of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery depicting various resources connected to the Blue Ridge Parkway are represented.
- BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY SHARE THE JOURNEY® – Imagery depicting themes of the collective Parkway experience of individuals, families, friends, pets, and special events.
- CULTURE – Imagery depicting the people, their customs, traditions, and ways of life unique to the Southern Appalachian region
- ENVIRONMENT – Imagery that communicates the significance and/or threats to the Southern Appalachian environment.
- FLORA/FAUNA – Imagery of plants and animals common to the Southern Appalachians.
- LANDSCAPE – Imagery of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery depicting the Southern Appalachian region represented.
Official web site: www.virtualblueridge.com/contests/app-mtn-2008/index.asp