CWPT’s Photography Contest 2007
CWPT stands for The Civil War Preservation Trust. Prizes will be awarded to the first-, second-, and third- place winners in six different categories:
- Endangered Battlefields, featuring a battlefield under imminent thread of destruction
- Scenic, showing the natural beauty of Civil War sites
- Historic, capturing the solemn effect of a historic structure or monument
- Then and Now, contrasting early images of Civil War battlefields with the same sites today
- Close-Up, examining a monument of landscape in detail
- Junior Photographer, a special category for photographers under the age of 18.
There is no entry fee for current CWPT members. The entry fee is $20 for non-members and includes a half-year complimentary membership to CWPT. You may only submit one photo per category for a maximum of five, or six if you are under 18. Your entries must be originals and cannot have won any other contests.
Please send high-quality, high-resolution prints only (no slides or digital photographs) and make sure they are no larger than 8″ x 10″. Do not mount your photos as this makes them difficult to scan. Be sure to attach a label to the back of each entry with your name, membership number (if applicable), address, phone number, age if under 18, the category for which the image is submitted, and the Civil War site depicted. Entries become the property of the Civil War Preservation Trust and will not be returned. Please do not send additional correspondence with your photograph.
Mail your entries to:
Civil War Preservation Trust
Attn: Civil War Photo Contest
11 Public Square, Suite 200
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Official web site: www.civilwar.org/historyclassroom/contests.htm