Dgrin Last Photographer Standing
Dgrin Last Photographer Standing contest is a straightforward knockout competition with just three rounds: Qualifying Rounds, Semifinals and a Grand Finale. (See the diagram)
Every two weeks, a Qualifying Round.
There will be 20 qualifying rounds over the year. Each time, 10 people are selected for the next round, a Semifinal.
Every three months, a Semifinal.
There will be four semifinals a year. Only the Qualifying Round winners can play, up to 50 of you. 10 advance from each Semifinal to the Grand Finale.
Once a year, a Grand Finale.
Only Semifinal winners can play. That’s up to 40 of you. The winner is the Last Photographer Standing.
November 12 – semifinal finalists (10, eligible for Finale) chosen w/open voting for a public choice award, and beginning of 16th contest
November 26 – finalists chosen and beginning of 17th contest
December 10 – finalists chosen and beginning of 18th contest
December 24 – finalists chosen and beginning of 19th contest
January 7 – finalists chosen and beginning of 20th contest
January 21 – finalists chosen and beginning of 4th semifinal contest
February 4 – semifinal finalists chosen and the beginning of the Grand Finale
February 18 – public voting for the Dgrin’s Last Photographer Standing!
- To be eligible, digital photos must be shot during the respective 2-week contest period. Entries must have exif embedded or appended. Click here and here for help. Photos entered without proper exif showing a clear shot date will be disqualified. Photos made via HDR, you can include the exif from one of the merged images.
- Only one photo may be entered into the contest thread per photographer. You may post your potential entries for comment/critique in a separate thread in the Contests and Challenges Forum.
- You may enter a photo into the contest thread at any time during the contest period, and you can also change that submission at anytime during the contest period, by editing your post. The order of entries in the contest gallery has no bearing on the selection of the finalists.
- Photos must be not longer than 800 pixels on their longest side. If you use SmugMug, link a -L image (Large) for landscapes or use a custom image size to maximize a portrait. If you cannot link your photo, attachments are limited to 150Kb in size. Photos with branding or watermarks will be disqualified, however, a small signature and copyright are encouraged. No borders or framing (discussion here).
- You must give a unique name to your photo in the title of your entry post, for selection and voting purposes.
– Public Choice Award (4 per year)
1st: $1500(USD) Gift Certificate to B&H Photo, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Adobe Lightroom, a Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Home a Lensbaby 3G, a $200 fotofl?t gift certificate and a 1 year SmugMug Pro account
2nd: Adobe Photoshop CS2, a a $150 fotofl?t gift certificate and a 1 Year SmugMug Pro account
3rd: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, a $100 fotofl?t gift certificate and a 1 year SmugMug Pro account
4th through 10th – 1 year SmugMug Pro account
– Dgrin’s Last Photographer Standing
One Winner: $7500(USD) Cash, Lifetime SmugMug Pro account
Register for free.
More information is here.