- Copyright: Winning entrants agree to give ViewPoint Gallery permission to print and exhibit the work and to use the submitted images in publicity and media promotion. The photographers retain copyright of submitted images.
- Entry fee: $25
- Entry deadline: 15th April 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
- Twelve winning images will be selected for exhibition at ViewPoint Gallery – one image will be exhibited monthly.
- The winning images will be professionally printed and framed at no cost to the photographer.
Winners will be notified by e-mail by May 5, 2023.
A maximum of three images may be submitted with each entry. Multiple entries are permitted.
Image requirements: sRGB colour space with a maximum long-side dimension of 1200 pixels; up to 1 Mb in file size; JPG format. If selected you will be required to provide a full resolution file for printing, to be submitted via ViewPoint’s FTP site.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
If you are using a standalone camera, see if you can operate it on fully manual, or semi-automatic, modes and experiment with different apertures and shutter speeds. Soften the background (if you are relatively close to your subject) by shooting with a wide aperture, such as f2.8. Experiment with long shutter speeds, perhaps even moving the camera while exposing your photograph, to see what kind of results you can get. If you are using a phone camera, you should be able to switch off the automatic flash, and may be able to override other settings, too.
Similar photography competitions: