- Copyright: The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception. By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on Camelbackgallery.com and in the marketing of the art competitions to the public by publishing the winners on Facebook and Instagram as well as other media outlets.
- Entry fee: $19 for up to two images
- Entry deadline: 29th January 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
Artwork may be any subject matter with the color red as the primary or secondary color.
- Best In Show – Cash award – $100
- Award Of Excellence – Cash award – $100
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: JPG format and not exceed 5MB.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
Teleconverters allow you to get closer to your subject. However, you lose one to one and a half stops of light when you use the 1.4x and you’ll lose 2 stops of light for the 2x. With a 400mm f/2.8 with a 1.4x converter you can now shoot at 560mm but your max aperture is f/4.0 (one stop loss) and with a 2.0x converter you can shoot at 800mm but at f/5.6. WIth a Canon 100-400mm and a 1.4x you can shoot at 560mm but your widest aperture is now f/8.0 which can be an issue. This aperture is sharp for landscapes but for wildlife it’s not ideal. The reason is because you put more pressure on the shutter speed and ISO to perform under the low light conditions. Additionally, if we use our rule of the 1/reciprocal of focal length for shutter speed then all the pressure is put on the ISO and therefore introducing a lot of grain into the image in order to pull off a sharp shot.
Similar photography competitions: