- Copyright: You accept that your submitted work will be displayed on the alexcoghe.com website. While you retain full copyright of your submitted work, you agree for it to be published in connection with this competition as well as on the alexcoghe.com website, the blog and as part of my social media activities.
- Entry fee: $5 per one image
- Entry deadline: 30th June 2023
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
The Alex Street Photography Awards is intended to promote street photography through a competition far from the classic logic of photographic competitions, with only one judge putting his face and taking all responsibility for his decision on the winners, based on his experience as editor, educator and especially as a street photographer with an experience of over 15 years.
- The 1st place winner will receive a 35mm point & shoot camera.
- The 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive a 1 year COLLECTION to THE STREET PHOTOGRAPHER NOTEBOOK ebook edition.
Image requirements: 1920 px wide, 72 dpi
Online submission of digital photographs via email. You can enter 1 image.
PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS FOR YOU:
Keep your camera up and ready to shoot, and watch people as they come closer to you. This way they will be entering your personal space instead of you entering their space, and they will not notice you as much. You will also be quicker to react since you will already be in the right spot and watching your surroundings intently. A common problem is that photographers do not get close enough. Fill the frame with your scene and get close enough to your subjects to be able to notice the little details. But also keep in mind that you can get too close.
Similar photography competitions: