California Ocean and Coastal Photography Contest
An amateur photographer is defined as someone who earns less than 50 percent of their income from photography. Photographs in this contest feature the following subjects:
- The scenic coast and Pacific Ocean off California,
- People and the California coast, and
- California ocean and coastal wildlife.
- an Francisco Bay and Monterey Bay. Wine tasting at Dashe Cellars SF City View patio with two wine flights for up to 6 people; Two weekday tickets for a
four hour take away tandem kayak rental in Tomales Bay, courtesy of Blue Water Kayaking; Four tickets for a Monterey whale watching cruise, courtesy of Princess Monterey Whale Watching.
- Monterey and Morro Bay. A Bernardus Wine and Memories bottle delivered to you; Two tickets for a whale watching cruise in Monterey Bay, courtesy of Discovery Whale Watch; One all day bike or kayak rental in Monterey, courtesy of Adventures by the Sea; Two tickets for a Morro Bay kayak tour, courtesy of Central Coast Outdoors.
- Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley. Two tickets for a Santa Barbara whale watch cruise, courtesy of Condor Express; Kayak experience and two tickets for a Waterfront Cruise aboard the Double Dolphin courtesy of Santa Barbara Sailing Center; Two elevated tasting experiences at each of the four family wineries, courtesy of The Duckhorn Portfolio; Two tickets for a Santa Ynez Valley Wine Tour, courtesy of Captain Jacks.
- Malibu, Newport Beach and San Diego. Two tickets for a winery tour, courtesy of Malibu Wine Hikes; Two tickets for a whale watching cruise, courtesy of Newport Landing Whale Watching; Four passes for a whale watch trip with San Diego Whale Watch; Choose between a guided kayak
fishing trip or scenic tour in San Diego, courtesy of San Dog Kayak Adventures and Charter Fishing
Online submission of digital images via the website. A maximum of five photos per entrant may be submitted.
Minor cleaning of images is permitted, including the removal of dust or scratches. Converting a color image to black and white is acceptable as long as the subject remains represented realistically. High Dynamic Range (HDR), panoramas, focus stacking, and other techniques involving multiple images taken at the same time and place are also allowed. However, adding, removing or relocating subjects in a scene is not allowed.
The maximum file size is 50 MB. There are no size requirements as long as the picture is under 50 MB. Pictures can be in any orientation, vertical or horizontal. The accepted file formats are jpg, png, jpeg, and gif.