2021 Audubon Photography Awards
- Grand Prize: $5,000 USD
- Professional Prize: $2,5000 USD
- Amateur Prize: $2,500 USD
- Plants for Birds Prize: $2,500 USD
- Video Prize: $2,500 USD
- Bird Female Prize: $1,000 USD
- Fisher Prize: $1,000 USD
1. Professional: You must be 18 years of age or older as of January 7, 2021, and earned $5,000 or more in the 2018 calendar year producing or selling photographs.
2. Amateur: You must be 18 years of age or older as of January 7, 2021, and earned up to $4,999.99 in the 2018 calendar year producing or selling photographs.
3. Youth: You must be 13 to 17 years of age as of January 7, 2012.
4. Plants for Birds: You must be 13 years of age or older as of January 7, 2021, and your photographs must include bird life and identifiable plants (flowers, trees, bushes, grasses), all of which are native to the area in the United States or Canada in which the image was taken.
All submitted photographs must depict birdlife (i.e., contain at least one bird or bird part), and accurately reflect the subject matter as it appeared in the viewfinder
Image requirements: under 35 MB in file size; close to 2400 pixels wide (for horizontal Photographs) or 2400 pixels tall (for vertical Photographs) at 72 dpi; RGB mode; JPG format.
Judging criteria: a) Technical Quality (30 percent); b) Originality (30 percent); and c) Artistic Merit (40 percent).
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.