SPIE Day of Light Photo Contest 2019
- First prize: US $2,500
- Second prize: US $1,000
- Third prize: US $500
- Technology and Science prize: US $750
Theme: A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
Examples of content include, but are not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
- Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere, nature, and materials
- Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
- Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
- People interacting with light and/or light technology
- The betterment of the human condition with light
Winners will be notified 16 October 2019.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Each person may submit a maximum of two (2) entries. The contest is limited to the first 1,000 entries.
Image requirements: 300 dpi or more and at least 3,000 pixels on the longest side. No less than 5MB and no greater than 20MB in file size. TIF and JPEG/JPG are the ONLY accepted formats. Only limited enhancement of the original photograph is permitted for the purpose of improving brightness and contrast or removing minor cosmetic flaws. Black and white images are acceptable.