Galapagos Photography Competition 2019
- Up close and personal
- Animal behaviour
- Urban life
- Environmental threats
The overall winner of the competition will receive:
- Two tickets to GCT’s Galapagos Day 2019 event on October 30
- A year’s free membership to GCT
- A copy of GCT’s 2020 calendar
- Their winning image included in the 2020 calendar (if landscape)
- Their winning image featured online and in the competition display at Galapagos Day
The winner of each category will receive a copy of GCT’s 2020 calendar.
The overall winner of the Young Photographer competition will receive:
- An animal adoption of their choice
- A copy of GCT’s 2019 calendar
Images must be taken within the Galapagos Archipelago. This includes all land area, and extends out to the 40 Nm boundary of the Galapagos Marine Reserve.
Each entrant may enter up to 6 photos in any of the categories listed.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Judging criteria: originality, composition, clarity, technical excellence, overall impact, and artistic merit
Image requirements: 1600 pixels on the shortest edge; minimum resolution of 300 dpi. The maximum file size is 5MB and the minimum is 2 Mb; JPG format.