World.Report Award 2018
The awards will give attention to works focusing on people and their social and cultural stories; public or private, minor or crucial, big human tragedies or petty daily stories, changes and immutability.
Sections and Prizes:
- Master Award: This section is open to all photographers, with no restriction of any kind. Reportages must consist of min 20 and max 40 images. The prize will be of 6,000 Euros gross cash.
- Spot Light Award: This section is open to all photographers who did not receive one of the following awards before the 1st of April 2017: World Press Photo, W. Eugene Smith Grant in Humanistic Photography, Pulitzer Prize, POYi Picture of the Year and World.Report Award, with exception for the multimedia category. Reportages must consist of min 20 and max 40 images. The photographers, who apply to this session, can also apply to the Master Award session. The prize will be of 3,000 Euros gross cash.
- Short Story Award: This section is open to all photographers, with no restriction of any kind. Reportages must consist of min 5 and max 10 images. The prize will be of 1,500 Euros gross cash.
- Student Award – 1,000 Euros gross cash
- Single Shot Award: Giving voice to values, giving voice to hope.
First prize 1000 Euros gross cash; Second prize 600 Euros gross cash; Third prize 500 Euros gross cash.
- Non-Profit Award – The first prize will be of 2,000 Euros
Image requirements: .jpg with sized to shortest dimension at no more than 1,280
pixels and 72dpi with a compression degree of 10/12 or 90/100. The recommended dimension is max 500 kb per picture. The finalists might be asked to provide the organizers with the RAW files or the original negatives of the images that compose the reportage.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.