World We Live In 2016 Photo Contest
- Humanity: Each person has a story to tell. Capture images of people around you: your family, your neighbours, people you’ve encountered while travelling or even yourself. Show us some of the many facets of humanity.
- The Environment: Nature and wildlife will never cease to amaze us. Show us the outstanding beauty of our living world, whether through wide landscapes or close-ups of natural elements, animals, plants or insects.
- Interconnections: Humans are by nature interactive beings. Show us how we transform and create things. This can be seen in architecture, domestic pets, urban life, objects, transportation, machines, agriculture, fishing, cooking and almost anywhere you look!
- Grand Prize – Heart of the Arctic expedition for two (July 18-30, 2017) with Adventure Canada ($18,230)
- Photography gear prizes for 7 winners in each category.
Winning images will be announced no later than April 1, with the publication of the April/May 2017 issues of Photo Life and Photo Solution magazines.
Image requirements: JPEG format and measure 1200 pixels on their longest side. Images larger than 1 MB will not be accepted to the Contest. Contest winners will be required to provide a high-resolution version (maximum-quality JPEG, 10 inches on the longest side at 300 dpi)
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Judging criteria: originality, relevance to the theme, composition, lighting and technical quality.