Juried Photo Exhibition: Faux
Fake wood, plastic surgery and imitation cheese, the world around us is staged with facades. We are surrounded by stand in’s for the original, fabricated neighborhoods with identical houses and plastic rocks. Knock off designer goods and mass production meet our consumer demand and people find real comfort in artificial companionship. It is becoming rare to find a genuine person place or thing and the word authentic has been used so often, it no longer means anything. All artist interpretations on this theme are encouraged. All photographic processes are welcome.
JUROR: Louise Clements
- Juror’s Selection: $400.00
- Director’s Selection: $200.00
- Two LiveBooks Website Awards: Valued at $399 from liveBooks
- Honorable Mention Awards: 2 year membership and image submission to a Call for Entry at C4FAP.
- Exhibition: April 1, 2016 – April 30, 2016
Any artist submitting 10 or more images will be eligible for a professional 20 minute review of the submitted images.
Image requirements: Resolution 72 ppi and 1280 pixels on the longest side; Flattened JPG files; 8 bit files; RGB or Grayscale; JPG compression quality 8 or medium
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.