8th Pollux Awards
- PORTRAITS (includes Self-Portrait)
- PEOPLE (includes Children, Culture and Daily Life, Documentary, and Street Photography)
- LANDSCAPES (includes Urban and Rural Landscapes, Seascapes, Nature, Cityscapes, Architecture, Animals and Wildlife)
- FINE ART (Includes Nude and Figure, Still life and Abstractions)
- ALTERNATIVE PROCESSES (Includes Digital Manipulation, Collage)
- Cell Phone Photography (theme is open; image has to be originally taken with a cell phone; editing and processing is allowed)
- The 8th Edition of the Pollux Awards will be given to at least 5 photographers which will be invited to exhibit in the 4th International Biennial of Fine Art & Documentary in the second quarter of 2016 together with those already selected in the 7th edition, and the category winners of each category of the 8th edition.
Image requirements: 8 bit JPEG files; maximum largest dimension should be 1200 pixels (width or height) and no less than 800 pixels; 72 dpi; JPG compression quality of 7 or 8 (no tiff please, only jpg are accepted). Printing and framing will be paid by the artists, and it will be done by The Gala awards to homogenize the works and to allow the itinerancy of the exhibition. That means every participant artist will have to be able to send to The Gala Awards a high resolution file (300dpi) suitable for printing.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.