The Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014
- OPOTY 2014 – OVERALL WINNER – The prestigious title of Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 is given for the photograph, chosen from the adult category winners, that the judges feel is the best single image entered. Prize: Fjällräven Polar expedition place
Fjällräven Polar 2015 will take place between the 7 and 13 April 2015, and the overall winner of Outdoor Photographer of the Year will be going on the journey. Almost all the clothing, food and equipment needed for the expedition is included (you really can travel to Norway with just hand luggage!).
- 1/ Light On The Land – Under sunset’s fiery skies, in fleeting twilight, with the gentler light of the moon, or with the first rays of a new day, we are looking for stunning landscape images from anywhere in the world. Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
- 2/ Wildlife Insight – There has never been a better time to be a wildlife photographer. We are looking for compelling compositions showing the spirit and behaviour of wildlife around the planet. Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
- 3/ Live the adventure – Capture adventure activities and adventure travel around the globe. From hiking and mountain biking to intriguing cultures and amazing festivals, we want to see the thrill and beauty of life lived to its maximum. – Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
- 4/ at the water’s edge – Lakes, rivers, waterfalls and the coast make for some of the most appealing outdoor photography subjects. We want to see inspiring images of them either in their wider environment or more intimate views. Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
- 5/ Small world – Nature can be at its most amazing in the smallest forms. We want to see your macro and close-up photographs of the plants and insects all around us that often go unnoticed. Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
- 6/ Under exposed – We want to celebrate the breathtaking photographic work that is going on underwater. From seas and oceans to rivers and lakes, we are looking for images that showcase the remarkable world beneath the surface. Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
- Young oPOTY 2014 – Nature is my world: for outdoor photographers aged 18 or under, to shoot landscapes, nature or wildlife subjects that matter most to them. Prize: £200 & Fjällräven Kaipak 28
Category winners will be notified by 14 January 2015.
You can enter as many categories as you like, but each entrant is limited to eight images per category per entry fee of £8. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: PEG format with a compression quality of between 8 and 10 (between 75 and 85 when using Adobe Lightroom). The image should be sized between 1500 pixels and 2100 pixels on its longest side.