Miami Street Photography Festival
Selected images from the Call for Entries will be displayed during Art Basel, one of the world’s premier art scenes, where hundreds of thousands gather each year in Miami to celebrate the visual arts.
- 1st Place:
- Brand new Leica camera X2 provided by the Leica Store Miami
- Premium handcrafted camera bag provided by Ona
- 2nd Place – Premium handcrafted camera bag provided by Ona
- 3rd Place – Premium handcrafted camera bag provided by Ona
- Danielle Houghton, Observe
- Matt Obrey, Urban Picnic
- Chris Farling, Observe
All finalists will be notified by Nov 10, 2014, or earlier.
Image requirements: JPG format; no borders and watermarks, no HDR and Photoshop enhancement; at least 1500px longest side, and no larger than 20MB.
Finalists will be asked to send a high resolution jpg. file (250-300dpi) of the entered image. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
• Does it fit within the realm of street photography?
• Authentic representation of scene without use of digital darkroom (see exceptions)
• Is it compelling?
• How unique is the depiction?
• Does it suggest a narrative? Do we want to know more?
• Is there empathy for the subject matter?
• Is the image powerful or predictable?