The World We Live In 2014 Photo Contest
- Humanity: Each person has a story to tell. Capture images of people around you: your family, your neighbours, people you’ve encountered while travelling or even yourself. Show us some of the many facets of humanity.
- The Environment: Nature and wildlife will never cease to amaze us. Show us the outstanding beauty of our living world, whether through wide landscapes or close-ups of natural elements, animals, plants or insects.
- Interconnections: Humans are by nature interactive beings. Show us how we transform and create things. This can be seen in architecture, domestic pets, urban life, objects, transportation, machines, agriculture, fishing, cooking and almost anywhere you look!
- One Grand Prize ($10,548)
- Adventure Canada Mighty St. Lawrence expedition cruise for two, from Quebec City to St-Pierre-et-Miquelon $9360
- Lowepro Pro Trekker 600 AW $500
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite $299
- Slik Pro 340DX tripod $130
- Billingham Khaki/Tan iPad slip $109
- Blurb photo book voucher $150
- Seven prizes for each theme.
Winning images will be announced no later than April 1
Image requirements: JPEG format; 1200 pixels on the longest side; under 1 MB in file size. Contest winners will be required to provide a high-resolution version (maximum-quality JPEG, 10 inches on the longest side at 300 dpi) of their images for publication in the magazines.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. There is no limit in the number of submissions per one person.
Judging criteria: originality, relevance to the theme, composition, lighting and technical quality.