“World in Focus” Travel Photography Contest
- TRAVEL PORTRAITS – Photos of local residents at work, play and celebrating
- OUTDOOR SCENES – Landscapes, aerials, wildlife and waterscapes
- SENSE OF PLACE – Scenes in cities, towns and villages that convey a strong feeling of place
- SPONTANEOUS MOMENTS – Photos that capture fun, quirky, surprising and unrehearsed moments.
- PHOTO ESSAY – Up to six images that suggest a story around a particular travel theme.
- ONE PROFESSIONAL WINNER and ONE AMATEUR WINNER will each receive:
- A one-week, hands-on photo workshop in Maine, courtesy of Maine Media Workshops!
- A full-conference pass to PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo ($499 value)
- FIVE PROFESSIONAL WINNERS and FIVE AMATEUR WINNERS will each receive:
- A DSLR camera
- 1-year PhotoServe portfolio ($860 value)
- 1-year subscription to PDN
- $100 B&H gift card
- A PDN PhotoPlus International Conference VIP pass ($75 value)
- SELECT WINNERS will be featured in the World in Focus gallery exhibit at the PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo in New York, October 23—26, 2013.
Winners will be contacted in October 2013.
An entry consists of one image or one photo essay. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: at least 1,000 pixels; saved at 72 dpi, however 300 dpi is also acceptable