The 2012 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest
- Travel Portraits
- Outdoor Scenes
- Sense of Place
- Spontaneous Moments
- First Prize:
- a 10-day Galápagos Photography Expedition with National Geographic Expeditions for the winner and one guest;
- Second Prize (ARV of Second Prize is US$475):
- An intensive 2 1/2-day photo workshop at Santa Fe Workshops
- Third Prize (ARV of Third Prize is US$400):
- Admission to a National Geographic Traveler Seminar of his/her choice ;
- A US$200 gift certificate to B&H Photo.
- Seven Merit prizes:
- A US$200 gift certificate to B&H Photo
- All the winning images will be featured in the December 2012/January 2013 edition of National Geographic Traveler;
- All the winning images will be featured on the National Geographic Traveler photo contest website; and
- All winners will receive a one-year subscription to National Geographic Traveler magazine.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Online submission of digital images via the website. Photographs must have been taken within two years before the date of entry.
- Photographic quality
Image requirements: JPG format; under 5 megabytes in file size; at least 1,600 pixels on the longest dimention; minor post processing allowed; no HDR.