Carl Zeiss Photography Contest 2011
Carl Zeiss is looking for that moment in which you do not see a subject, but a story. “We’re looking for images of that very special moment,” says Martin Dominicus, Head of Marketing for the Carl Zeiss Camera Lens Division. “Every life, every situation and every place is full of stories that take place in a split second. The ability to capture that in such a way that you recognize the story behind it — this is, and has always been, the high art of photography.” The pictures can be about anything. They can show people telling a story through their facial expressions or charm. They can depict a story in nature, whether shown through the sun, water, mist or frost. In exploring the theme, photographers can go to the limits of their imagination. There are also no rules in terms of style. The images can show bizarre, mysterious, funny or romantic situations. Photographic techniques such as the conscious play with focusing or blur can be used, as well as light/shadow or black and white photography. The most decisive requirement for this competition is that the photographer captures a magical moment that has character and tells a story.
- 1st prize: A ZEISS SLR camera lens of the winner’s choice (ZE or ZF.2) with exclusive engraving + Carl Zeiss T* UV filter + Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap + Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 2nd prize: Nokia Lumia 800 smartphone with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens
- 3rd prize: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX55 digital camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- 4th prize: Logitech HD Pro webcam C910 with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens
- 5th and 6th prizes: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap + Carl Zeiss knapsack+ Carl Zeiss watch + Carl Zeiss umbrella + Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 7th and 8th prizes: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap + Carl Zeiss umbrella + Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 9th prize: Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap+ Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 10th prize: Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
The images that receive the most “favorites” on Flickr will win.
In order to enter you need to join the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/carlzeisslenses
Tag your photo using the specified key words: lens, mount and topic.
Important: To participate in the contest, you must also tag your photo with: ZEISSContest2011.
Load your photo to the OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses group. Each participant can submit one photo only.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: blogs.zeiss.com/photo/en/?p=1084