The Student Photo Contest
- FASHION / PORTRAITURE
- DOCUMENTARY / PHOTOJOURNALISM
- STILL LIFE
- TRAVEL / LANDSCAPE
- FINE ART / PERSONAL WORK
- PRE COLLEGE
- WINNERS AND SELECTED HONORABLE MENTIONS will be featured in the Spring 2010 issue of PDNedu and on pdnedu.com.
- Grand Prize winners, one per category, will receive a Nikon digital camera and a Crumpler bag.
- Grand Prize winners will receive an portfolio consultation with a PDN editor The Pre College winner will receive a review with Dennis Keeley.
- Student winners will also be displayed in an exhibit at The 2010 SPE National Conference is in Philadelphia, March 4-7, 2010.
- All winners and honorable mentions will get a one-year subscription to PDN.
A series is limited to a maximum of 6 images. Submit JPEG images saved with a long dimension of at least 1,000 pixels at 72 to 300 dpi. The file size should be around 2 MB. Winners will be required to submit a copy of a valid student ID and the name of their school and instructor before claiming their prize. Judging criteria for Round One: creativity (34%), sense of place (33%), and capturing the moment (33%).
Official website: contest.pdnedu.com/rules.shtml