International Nature Photography Competition 2011
- The underwater world
- Other animals
- Images must show memorable
- Plants and fungi
- Composition and forms
- The theme of the year: “ From dusk to dawn”
- Total Prizes value €10,000
- Overall winner will receive € 2,000
- For each category there will be a winner, a second and a third place. They will receive an award in photography equipment and a copy of the exhibition book; more over for each category there will be 7 commended images that will have the exhibition book as well.
You may submit digital images from scanned slides, at same conditions apply as for digital photographs in general and in minimum size of 4.000 px, larger side.
Digital images RAW + TIFF / JPEG of high quality taken with 6+ megapixel digital camera set at the camera’s highest possible resolution, suitable for large-format prints (e.g. 70cm. x 100 cm.).
Digital adjustments are only acceptable if limited to minor cleaning worl, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. The faithful representation of what you saw at the time of the shot being taken must be maintained. Compositing and multiple exposures are not allowed. Sharpening is allowed. Cropping is allowed up to a maximum of 20% for each side, but please be mindful of the effect of cropping on file size (minimum 3000px on the long side).
The original capture as it was recorded by the camera with no manipulation applied RAW or DNG will be requested, in front of disqualification.
Each submission is limited to a total of no more of 30 images (5 images for each category). Digital photos of high quality must be submitted on CD or DVD in three separate folder:
1) – file RAW;
2) –file TIF or JPEG high resolution;
3) – file JPEG low resolution (1400 x 900 pixel for preliminary judging). They must be named with the surname author, category and progressive number (for example: serrano.F_01.tif).
Technical data and place of shooting of the images must be compared in the list of the images with the name of the author.
Official website: www.asferico.com/concorso.asp?lang=eng