The Sony World Photography Awards: The Open Competition
Theme: The Power of Imaging
The Open competition seeks the true amateur – the lover of photography – to enter a single image, capturing that perfect moment.
- After Dark
- Arts & Culture
- Nature & Wildlife
Winner of the Best overall photograph will receive:
- Recipient of the title “Sony World Photography Awards Open Photographer of The Year”
- Winning image will be exhibited on the Sony World Photography Awards’ website and promoted to creatives worldwide
- Flights to London, and 2 nights accommodation in a hotel and receive VIP tickets to attend the evening gala awards ceremony, taking place on the 27th of April, 2011
- Sony Gift
Winners of each individual category will receive:
- Recipient of the title “Sony World Photography Awards category name Open Photographer of The Year"
- Exhibited in the Winner’s Exhibition and published in the Winner’s Book
- Winning image will be exhibited on the Sony World Photography Awards’ website and promoted to creatives
- Sony Gift
Each entrant can submit a up to three images for free. The images entered can be entered in different categories or all images can be entered into a single category. Judging will be based on the single image and not the series of images.
Official web site: http://www.worldphoto.org/competitions/open/