The Grand prix international de photographie de Vevey
From January 2009, as part of Images, the Festival of Visual Arts in Vevey, Switzerland, the Foundation Vevey: Ville d’Images is inviting entries for the 7th International Vevey Photo Awards. With complete freedom of choice as regards subject matter and genre, these bi-annual competitions provide precious support to contemporary creators.
The distinctive feature of these competitions is that they enable creators to carry out personal projects in the fields of film or photography through the attribution of prizes worth up to 30,000 CHF (approximately 20,000 Euros).
Over the years, through the festival Images and its two Award competitions, Vevey has become closely associated with contemporary artistic creation and visual communication
===Participant may only submit one project.
Projects must include the following:
– 8 to 15 photographic prints measuring no larger than 29.7×42 cm (A3), not framed, glued, or mounted.
The prints must have a good quality, for the jury to have the best idea of a current or past work.
Every technique is accepted. (The name and the address must cleary figure on the back of every item)
– Title and summary of the project (800 characters maximum)
– A project outlines (one A4 page maximum in French or in English
– A biography (or CV one A4 page maximum in French or in English)
– A CD with all the images, in jpeg, 300 dpi, and the title
(all the files will stay confidential and will be use only if the candidate win a prize or a mention)
– The candidates can, if they think it is necessary, join 3 complementary documents maximum (maps, drawings, etc) to complete their project presentation
– The incomplete project will be disqualified.
Projects must be send to the organisers by no later than 30 April 2009 (post stamp) at the following address:
Grand prix international de photographie de Vevey
C/0 Société des Entrepôts de Vevey
Avenue Reller 1
1800 Vevey – Switzerland
Official web site: http://www.images.ch/2010/en/