The 2009 World Press Photo Contest
The annual World Press Photo contest is at the core of the organization’s activities. It offers an overview of how press photographers tackle their work worldwide and how the press gives us the news, bringing together pictures from all parts of the globe to reflect trends and developments in photojournalism.
• Available in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
• Stable internet connection required.
• A username and password are needed to log in – both can be requested between 1 December and 9 January 2009. Previous usernames and passwords are not valid for the 2009 contest.
• Entries must be submitted between 1 December 2008 and 15 January 2009.
• Easy to use.
• No costs involved.
• Entry can be saved and edited before submission.
• Images are coded automatically.
Official web site: www.worldpressphoto.org