“The Human Canvas” C4FAP Call for Entries
Theme: The human body is not just the vessel in which our consciousness resides, but also a canvas and a sculpting medium that is used to inspire, provoke, and sometimes offend. The Human Canvas seeks to explore the many ways in which the body can be an integral component of art. It can be as simple and elegant as the unadorned figure, or any of the almost limitless uses of the body as a canvas on which art is presented, or incorporated, from creations in fabric and textiles, body modifications, pigments, and much more.
- Juror’s Selection award: $300
- Director’s Selection award: $200
- Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
- Two one-year subscriptions, valued at $120 each for the Artists’ ShowCase Online – the Center’s online image marketing website
Preparing Images to Upload Online: Please follow these requirements when preparing your images for submission:
- Your images are viewed as RGB images using standard Adobe RGB 98 or SRGB profile. NOTE: CMYK files will not upload.
- The largest image dimension (width or height) should be 1280 pixels with the other dimension proportional.
- Save your images with a resolution 72 ppi, any layers flattened, 8 bit JPEG files (16 bit files will not upload.)
- Use JPG compression quality of 8. This compression level will not affect the quality of images viewed on a monitor.
- The image title can not be greater than 40 characters. (Image title is not the image file name)
- Image file names can not include any of the following characters or have more than 25 characters. Please do not include #,$,&, periods or other similar characters as part of the file name.
- There can only be a single period – just prior to the file format extension: filename.jpg
Official web site: www.c4fap.org/cfe/2009humancanvas/canvas.asp