The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2008
Submissions are now being invited for this prestigious international photographic portrait competition, which celebrates and promotes the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
The Photographic Portrait Prize at the National Portrait Gallery has established a reputation for its diversity of photographic styles, encompassing editorial, reportage and fine art images submitted by a range of photographers, from gifted amateurs and photography students to professionals.This year, the winner of the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2008 will receive £12,000. In addition the judges, at their discretion, will award one or more cash prizes to the shortlisted photographers.
You can submit up to six photographs.
- must be portraits. ‘Portrait’ may be interpreted in its widest sense, of ‘photography concerned with portraying people with emphasis on their identity as individuals’
- must have been taken after 1 January 2007. Photographers must, if required, show proof of the date on which the photograph was taken
- can be black and white or colour
- must be unmounted and on paper no smaller than 420 x 297mm (A3 size) and no larger than 1015 x 760mm. The image may be smaller than the paper size
- must be submitted in transparent protective sleeves in order to protect during judging
Official web site: www.npg.org.uk/photoprize