The Third Sharow Open Photographic Competition
The Sharow Photographic Competition is open to all comers of any age and all abilities. Any person can compete in just one category or all categories either in print or digital format.
In each category, photographs can be entered either in mounted print format or as digital file format in the form of a CD-Rom. Monitor screens will be used for judging and throughout the exhibition to display all digital files.
2. People at Work
Special Category (10-19 years old)
1. Schools/Students – any subject
Prizes are awarded for both print & digital file format and also in each category (total 24 prizes)
First prize £50; Second prize £30; Third prize £20
Schools Section (digital format only, any subject): First prize £50; Second prize £30; Third prize £20
Plus four commendations at £15 each
Grand Prize for ‘The Best Overall Photograph’: £250
Runner-up’s Grand Prize for ‘The Best Overall Photograph’: £100
Photos entered in the Schools Section will also be judged for the Best Overall Photograph and Runner-up Prizes as well as those entered in the main competition.
31 prizes in all – total prize money: £1,210
The competition is open to all comers of any age group – except full-time professional photographers.
Entrants can compete one or more categories.
The original photo must have been taken within the last 5 years.
The following are the rules & dates for entry for the 2008 Competition.
- Photo prints must be mounted on (any colour) mount card.
- Maximum overall mount size: 20” x 16” landscape or portrait format. Entries over this size will be rejected.
- Prints can be surface mounted or window mounted.
- Maximum 16 images per person any format – no more than 4 images in any one category.
Digital file entries and display
- Digital files must be submitted on a CD-Rom in full size jpeg format. Please do not downsize your files.
- Each file should be titled electronically to facilitate judging for the five categories as: Power (POW); People at work (WOR); Heritage (HER); Wildlife (WIL); Schools (SCH)
- The FILENAME must be the TITLE of the images preceded by the category entered, for example: POW Steam engine.jpg or POW-Steam engine.jpg You may use blank spaces or underscore in the filename.
- Entries will be displayed on 46” LCD Flat Panel Display Units at the exhibition.
- Send your CD-Rom to Cathy Gledson (see address below) – maximum 16 images per person – no more than 4 images in any one category.
Official web site: www.sharowphotocomp.co.uk/rules.php
Entry forms: www.sharowphotocomp.co.uk/entryforms.php