International Photographer of the Year Competition
The International Photography Awards conducts two parallel competitions each year: one for professional photographers, who earn the majority of their livelihood from their craft, and a second for non-professional photographers. IPA is open to photographers from all parts of the globe.
Certificates of excellence will be awarded in all sub-categories to both professionals and non-professionals, who will then compete within their respective pools for the following titles:
- Advertising Photographer of the Year
- Architectural Photographer of the Year
- Editorial Photographer of the Year
- Photography Book of the Year (professional category only)
- Fine Art Photographer of the Year
- Nature Photographer of the Year
- People Photographer of the Year
- Photographer of the Year in Special category
Judges will evaluate the work of the seven major winners in the non-professional competition to determine the winner of the New Discovery of the Year Award, who will receive the Lucie and the $2,000 cash prize. The winner of this award will be announced at the Lucie Awards ceremony.
The professional and non-professional major winners will also compete for the coveted title of International Photographer of the Year™, the Lucie and the $10,000 prize. The recipient of this top honor will also be announced at the Lucie Awards ceremony.