Natural World Photography Competition
- Art of Nature
- Aquatic Life
- Winged Life
- Landscapes, Waterscapes, and Flora
- Terrestrial Wildlife
- Photo Series: Aerial Photography
- The Grand Prize winner will receive $5,000 for the best overall image in the 2017 BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition and be featured in the annual exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences.
- The first place winners of the seven official categories will each receive $1,000 in cash and also have their winning images featured in the annual exhibit.
- Up to 6 additional finalists will be awarded a certificate of recognition for each category, with the exception of the Photo Series category.
- The Photo Series category will have one First Place awarded.
- The winning images are exhibited at one of the most prestigious science institutions in the world in San Francisco California, USA.
Entrants are limited to up to 10 single image submissions. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: JPEGs, saved at the highest quality setting in sRGB and must be at least 1920 pixels on the longest dimension. No borders, watermarks or signatures allowed.