Mountain Cultures Photo Contest
Send photos of:
- A portrait of a person living in the mountains, anywhere in the world;
- Mountain communities in action (practicing traditional cultural activities, local farming techniques, weaving and handcrafts, livestock rearing, etc.);
- A mountain festival, ritual or celebration;
- A sacred or legendary mountain; and/or
- A temple, a church or a place of worship on a mountain.action.
The winner of the contest will win a one-year subscription to National Geographic magazine from January 2017.
Winners will be notified by email after 11 December 2016.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Each participant can submit up to 3 entries.
Image requirements: minimum width 1754 pixels at 150 ppi, maximum file size 5 MB