- Copyright: Copyright of all entries remains with the photographer at all times. By entering this Competition the entrant grants a perpetual licence to the Promoter and sponsors and their associated group companies to reproduce the entrants photos and related information in any media (including without limitation on the OPOTY Website, in the Outdoor Photography Magazine and in the Outdoor Photographer of the Year book) and for public display in any territory whether or not the image is selected as a winning entry of any of the categories, but only in connection with this competition.
- Entry fee: £8 for up to eight images; Under 18 - free
- Entry deadline: 2nd November 2016
- Who can enter: Open to all photographers, worldwide.
- Light On The Land
- Wildlife Insight
- Live the adventure
- at the water’s edge
- Small world
- Under exposed
- Spirit of Travel
- Young oPOTY 2016
- The Outdoor Photographer of the Year overall winner will be heading to the Arctic on assignment to photograph the Fjällräven Polar dog sled expedition in April 2017
- Category winners will receive a superb Fjällräven Kånken No. 2 Black Edition backpack and £200.
Image requirements: JPEG format with a compression quality of between 8 and 10 (between 75 and 85 when using Adobe Lightroom); sized between 1500 pixels and 2100 pixels on its longest side.
Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Similar photography competitions: