2016 Sony World Photography Awards
- Professional – 14 categories, judged on a series of images, aimed at serious photographers
- Open – 10 categories, judged on a single image, open to all
- Youth – 3 categories, for photographers aged 12-19
- Student Focus – for those studying photography
- National Award – finding the best single image taken by a local photographer in over 50 countries
The awards have brought unrivalled global reward and recognition to those involved and each year offers an incredible $25K for the Professional winner and $5K for the Open winner, plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment and more.
In the Professional competition you can enter a minimum of three and a maximum of 10 images per category. You may enter as many categories as you wish. In the Open and Youth competitions, you can enter up to 3 images in total for free. These images may be entered across any of the categories.
Image requirements: no smaller than 800KB and no larger than 5MB. JPEG or TIFF format; RGB colour model; All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions and marketing materials should the image be required.