The 2015 CGAP Photo Contest
Over the past decade, the annual CGAP Photo Contest has documented the remarkable ways that access to formal financial services can improve poor people’s day-to-day activities. During this time much has changed. New innovations, such as digital financial services, offer great promise for better serving poor customers. Now in its 10th year, the annual CGAP Photo Contest aims to demonstrate the ways financial inclusion can help poor people transition out of poverty and lead more financially secure lives.
This year, we are looking for photos that touch on the following themes:
- Digital financial services and mobile banking
- Women’s use of financial services
- Microfinance for small business enterprises
- Smallholder farmers and their families
- Grand Prize Winner – US$2000 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories and a display in Times Square on PR Newswire Jumbotron
- Second Prize winner – US$500 gift certificate for photography equipment
- Third Prize Winner – US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment
- People’s Choice Winner – US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories. Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins September 10th and ends September 17
- Regional Winners – One winner will be chosen from each region, based on the country in which the photo was taken. US$200 gift certificate for photography equipment
- Special Mentions – US$200 gift certificate for photography equipment
- A selection of 12-15 other winners will be chosen – US$50 gift certificate for photography equipment
Up to 20 photographs may be submitted per person. Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Judging criteria: originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
Image requirements: up to 3 MB in file size