ESA Photo Competition 2014
The Ecological Society of Australia runs this annual competition to promote beauty and diversity of the biodiversity and ecosystems of Australia, and the role of the science of ecology in unravelling their mysteries. Images must either be taken in Australia or its territories, or illustrate the work that Australian ecologists do in other countries.
- Out Standing in the Field: Ecologists in Action
- Niches & Hollows: Adaptive Behaviour and Australian Biodiversity
- Beneath Southern Skies: Unique Australian Landscapes
Prizes (In each of the three categories:
- First Prize $500
- Second Prize $300
- Third Prize $100
Image requirements: 8 x 12 inches (20 x 30 cm) at 300 dpi, sRGB colour space; up to 10 Mb in file size
Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Entry is limited to 5 images per category per contestant.
- composition and technical competence including exposure, sharpness, appropriateness for the subject
- “wow” factor, to what degree does the photo impress and look truly professional
- ecological interest or significance of the photo, assessed by a combination of the photo and caption