The National Wildlife Photo Contest
- Baby Animals: Portraits and Behavior of Young Animals of Any Species
- Backyard Habitats: Wild Creatures, Native Plants and Natural Settings in Your Yard
- Birds: Portraits and Behavior
- Connecting People and Nature: People Enjoying the Outdoors
- Landscapes and Plant Life: Scenic Views and Native Plants in Wild Settings
- Mammals: Portraits and Behavior
- Other Wildlife: Portraits and Behavior (includes underwater life, reptiles, amphibians, insects, spiders and more)
- Grand Prize: As described below in Section C in more detail, a 3-day, 2-night stay for two (2) people at the Tundra Buggy Lodge in Churchill, Manitoba, to see and photograph polar bears, plus maximum of $1,000 reimbursement for travel costs (Approximate retail value: $8,800)
- First Place: one for each category plus one in Youth Division Winners with addresses within the
- (8 total): United States and addresses outside the United States:
- Cash Prize of $500
- Second Place: one for each category plus one in Youth Division Winners with addresses within the
- (8 total): United States and addresses outside rge United States:
- Cash Prize of $250
- Honorable Mentions: NWF 2014 calendar (value: $15.99 each)
Enter images that show animal behavior, portraits of wildlife in natural habitat, plant life, natural landscapes, or people interacting with nature. Do not include photographs of pets or domestic animals. Images of captive animals photographed in game farms or roadside zoos, or animals from these facilities photographed elsewhere with handler’s control
All photos must have complete information attached, including their subjects, locations, stories behind the photos, digital adjustments and camera equipment.
Image requirements: Jpg, gif or png format; at least 10 x 15 inches at 72 pixels per inch with a file size from 390 kilobytes to 20 megabytes per image; sRGB, but Adobe RGB and similar common profiles are acceptable.
Judging criteria: originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.