The Pictures of the Year International Competition
Images should reflect the news events and social issues with respect for the integrity of the scene and the intent of the moment. Scenes that are set up or staged by the photographer do not honor the essence of documentary photography. Portrait categories are the only exceptions.
There are 44 categories including:
- Science & Natural History
- Spot News
- Science & Natural History Picture Story
- General News
- Natural Disaster
- Portrait Series
- $1,000 cash prizes & Tiffany crystal trophies for top Premier winners:
- Photographer of the Year-Freelance
- Photographer of the Year-Newspaper
- Sports Photographer of the Year
- Multimedia Photographer of the Year
- Documentary Project of the Year
- World Understanding Award
- Environmental Vision Award
- Community Awareness Award
- Best Photography Book Award
Image requirements: JPG format; 3,000 pixels or larger, on the longer side. Resolution: 300 dpi, minimum. No manipulation is allowed.
Online submission of digital images or by post.