Environmental Photographer of the Year Competition
The Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year competition is an international showcase for the very best in environmental photography and film.
The competition’s overall theme is social and natural issues of the environment.
- tkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year of £5000
- Atkins CIWEM Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 18) of £1000
- Atkins CIWEM Environmental Film of the Year of £1000
- Atkins Cityscape Prize of £1000
- Forestry Commission England Exhibition Award: one photographer will be invited to exhibit a solo show at one of England’s public forests
- 70-100 works will be displayed at the Royal Geographical Society in London in June 2014
Entrants will be informed of results by April 29, 2014
Judges: Justin Taberham, CIWEM Director of Policy; and David Tonkins, Chief Executive Officer, UK & Europe, Atkins.
You may enter up to 10 still photographs or films. Online submission of digital photographs via the website. Judging criteria: impact, composition, originality, creativity and technical ability.
Image requirements: JPEGs, saved at a high quality level, e.g. 10 in Adobe Photoshop, with a maximum file size of 0.5MB. If shortlisted, still photography entrants must be able to supply images as RAW files or original JPEGs