U.S.A. Landscape Photographer of the Year
- Black & White – Literal or abstract monochrome images of any rural or urban landscape subject in the U.S.A.
- Classic View – Color images of rural landscape in the U.S.A.
- Landscape on the Move – Literal or abstract color images made in the U.S.A using a compact camera
- My U.S.A. – What does the U.S.A. landscape mean to you? Pretty much anything goes, as long as it is in the U.S.A. and in the outdoors. Use your imagination, as you have the scope for a very conceptual and personal approach
- Urban Landscape – Literal or abstract color images of cities and towns in the U.S.A.
- The overall winner of the U.S.A. Landscape Photographer of the Year will receive: A cash prize of US$5,000
- The winner of Young U.S.A. Landscape Photographer of the Year will receive: A cash prize of US$1000
- The winner of the categories – Classic View, Urban Landscape, My U.S.A. and Black & White – will each receive: A cash prize of US$500
- There are other prizes
Official announcement of the winners will be made in Popular Photography magazine, USA TODAY and Amateur Photographer in April, 2014.
A maximum total of 23 images per entrant may be submitted in any combination of award categories. Entries must be images made in the U.S.A. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: jpg format; 72dpi with 1920 pixels along the longest length; between 1 and 2MB in file size. No watermarks, borders or signatures on your entry. All provisional award winners will be required to submit their image as a RAW file of at least 18 megapixels for inspection and if selected for the exhibition, for printing. Digital adjustments, including High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging techniques and stitched panoramas are allowed in all categories.