The Art of Building 2013 Photography Competition
Theme: "The Art of Building"
If you have a good eye for a photograph and are passionate about the built environment then take part in this year’s Art of Building competition. It is free to enter and your photograph could inspire thousands of people.
The overall Art of Building winner is chosen by both experts and the public. It is a competition that celebrates buildings and the relationship people have with the built environment. Selected photographs feature in real public installations as the competition transforms construction hoarding into gallery spaces.
- The winner is awarded the ‘Art of Building Photographer of the Year’ title and the £3,000 cash prize.
- Building Inspiration – For images that focus on the architecture of buildings. Photographs in this category showcase the design of a building. This could be anything from an individual element to an entire cityscape.
- Between People and Buildings – This category explores the relationship people have with the built environment. Entries capture a public or industry perspective of the interaction between people and building’s.
- Creative Visions – The built environment is a product of human imagination, invention and talent. Creative Visions is the category that gives a unique and sometimes abstract perspective of the urban world around us.
- Smartphone / Tablet – What can you capture with a mobile device? This is a new category aimed at photographers on the move who can eke out every ounce of creativity their smartphone or tablet has to offer.
- Young Photographer of the Year – For those between 18 and 25 and who might be starting out on a career in photography, or an amateur enthusiast, this category is also open to you.
The Winner will be annouced on February 5, 2014.
You can submit a total of 3 photographs across any of the categories. Online submission of digital photographs via the website.
Image requirements: JPG format; between 2MB and 8MB in file size