The Third UNCCD Photo Contest
Ideas for your photos:
- land degradation: what it looks like; what causes it; its impact; its solutions;
- sustainable land management: what is looks like; its benefits; how it is done;
- drought: what it looks like; its causes; its impact; how to mitigate it
- land cover: forests, grasslands, plants, shrubs, etc
- nurturing land for: food security; water security; reverse deforestation
- soil biodiversity
- relationship between the land and people in drylands, degraded ecosystems, restored land, sustainably managed land
- impact of land restoration or sound land management on the people, livelihoods orecosystems
- The winner of the picture voted by the public – My Choice Award – and the best photograph submitted from each of the regions will receive honorable mention.
- 1st prize – 1800 Euro. The first prize winner will receive sponsorship to attend the award ceremony in Windhoek, Namibia.
- 2nd prize -700 Euro
- 3rd prize – 500 Euro
- The first prize winner will receive sponsorship to attend the award ceremony in Windhoek, Namibia.
- Winning pictures, including those receiving special mention, will be displayed at COP 11 to be held from 16-27 September 2013 in Windhoek and disseminated globally in the lead up to and during the Conference.
Winners will be notified by 27 August 2013.
Each photographer may submit up to five photos.
Image requirements: JPG format; a resolution of 72dpi; 800×600 pixels; saved as 8 bit RGB with the JPEG image compression option set at quality level 8
(80%) or higher; under 5 Mb in file size; minor manipulations allowed; no HDR.