Theme: Snow & Ice: Winter Photography
Whether it’s icicles hanging from the garage or icebergs in Antarctica, snow covered mountains or snowballs in the face, sun on the snow or a snow-covered Buick… 1650 wants images of your world of winter!
The haunting and ethereal beauty of snow and ice is a rite of passage and a grand artistic test for photographers. It challenges their skill in judging exposure and contrast, and it tests their prowess in printing a palette of gleaming whites that dazzles the senses. Those who dare to meet the challenges of the harsh winter elements can be rewarded with one-of-a-kind photographs that are unique and breathlessly beautiful.
- Approximately 50 works will be chosen from submitted photographs to be shown in the "Snow & Ice" exhibition at 1650 Gallery in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
Juror: Andrew Overtoom
Image requirements: JPG format; 72 ppi, image width up to 1024 pixels on the longest side.
Online submission of digital images. All accepted entries must submit a high res jpegs to be included in the printed catalog. E-mail JPGs and an application form to [email protected] All accepted entries must submit a high res jpeg (300-360 dpi , minimum size 5×7") to be included in the printed SHOW CATALOG.
Similar contests (may already be finished!):
- “SNOW & ICE 2014″ Photography Exhibition
- “Landscapes: The Big Country” Photography Exhibition
- Snow & Ice: Winter Photos Contest
- “Exposed” Photography Exhibition
- “Urban Landscape” Photography Exhibition