The Aftermath Project’s mission is to support photographic projects that tell the other half of the story of conflict — the story of what it takes for individuals to learn to live again, to rebuild destroyed lives and homes, to restore civil societies, to address the lingering wounds of war while struggling to create new avenues for peace. Grant proposals should reflect an understanding of this mission. Proposals may relate to the aftermath of numerous kinds of conflict, not just international wars. The conflict may have been at the community level — for example, violence between rural ethnic groups or an urban riot in an industrialized country.
- $20,000 Grant
- The work of one grant winner and finalists will be published in “War is Only Half the Story, Vol Seven.”
Submit a portfolio of no more than 30 images,
Image requirements: JPG format; 1024 pixels on the longest side, at 72 dpi; no larger than 2 MB per photo.
Submit your proposal by email and then you will be given a link to upload all images via Dropbox.
Similar contests (may already be finished!):
- The Syngenta Photography Award
- The Alexia Foundation Cash Grant and Scholarship
- Humanity Photo Awards 2011
- Documentary Reportage $5000 Award
- Smithsonian magazine 5th Annual Photo Contest