Theme: I’LL FLY AWAY - The Nature of Birds
What is it then about the bird that affects us so? Are they everything we want to be; beautiful, carefree and literally above it all? Do we envy their freedom? Do we project on to them our desire to take wing from the grave cares and pedestrian repetitions of our human-ness, to a far place both wild and beautiful, and a life lived literally "on the fly"? Would that we, like birds, could rise to our potential without care, without responsibility! Unbound by the relic of consistency, or memory of those left behind? Oh! Fickle-feathered fastidious freeloader of heaven and earth, thy name is bird! For the rest of us, wingless, bored and earthbound, photographs of you must suffice!
- Approximately 50 works will be chosen from submitted photographs to be shown in the WANDERLUST exhibition at 1650 Gallery in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
Image requirements: JPG format; 72 ppi, image width up to 1024 pixels on the longest side.
Online submission. All accepted entries must submit a high res jpegs to be included in the printed catalog. E-mail JPGs and an application form to email@example.com All accepted entries must submit a high res jpeg (300-360 dpi , minimum size 5×7") to be included in the printed SHOW CATALOG.
Similar contests (may already be finished!):
- “SKYWARD: The World Above Us” Photo Contest
- WANDERLUST Photo Exhibition
- “What’s New Pussycat” Photo Contest
- Juried Photography Exhibition “Splash”
- “Snow & Ice” Juried Photography Exhibition