Gardens in Focus Photography Competition
- Plant Portraiture
- Garden Views
- Garden Creatures
- Youth competition (open to those under 21 years old)
- International Botanic Gardens
- Grand First Prize – $8,000 cash
- Second prize – $1,500 in cash
- Third prize – $500 in cash
- Winning photographs are featured in an exhibition at the Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney and the prestigeous International Garden Photographer of the Year competition.
Image requirements: JPG format; 1024 x 768 pixels for landscape format and 768 high x 564 wide for portrait mode; image file size between 500 Kb and 1 Mb.
There is no limit to how many times a photographer may enter. Online submission only. The photos must be taken at an Australian or New Zealand botanic garden for categories 1 to 4 or an international botanic garden for category 5, within the 12 months before competition closing.
- Technical ability including appropriate focal precision and exposure, control of camera shake, white balance and image resolution.
- Creative vision including composition and graphic quality, use of colour or tones and the degree of originality in the interpretation of the scene.
- Images with depth and feeling will also score highly.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://gardensinfocus.com.au