“Alternatives – Where Process is Paramount” Competition
In this age of digital photography, more and more photographers are seeking an alternative. This return to labor and craftsmanship resists the quick-fix of inkjet technology and values something much more satisfying and elusive. The best examples are, first and foremost, great photographs. Yet, these are photographs with a richer tale to tell – one that shows the mark of the maker, and the effects of light on a hand-coated surface. These are not just images, they are objects.
- If selected your work will hang in the Mpls Photo Center galleries along with photographers from throughout the world. All exhibitors are included in the Mpls Photo Center’s online gallery.
- First place Award: $300
- Second place Award: $200
- Third place Award: $100
Follow this link to submit your work: Mpls Photo Center Smart Entry System
To submit click on Account Login to begin. Create an account if you don’t already have one. Simply pay online then upload your images.
All entries are submitted via our on-line system. When you see the image thumbnail under Submitted Images, you image has been received for the show/contest. You will be able to change an image or add additional information regarding that image, at no cost, by logging into your account. Changes may be made up to the appropriate deadline.
To prepare your images for uploading, please adhere to the following image file specifications:
- sRGB or RGB color space (standard) – NOT CMYK (typically used by printing industry)
- save files to 72 ppi resolution; any layers flattened, 8 bit JPEG files (16 bit will not upload.)
- sized to 1,280 pixels on the longest side, the other size width or height proportional
- JPG format, compression at level 7 (medium). This compression level will not affect the quality of images viewed on a monitor.
- Use period preceding jpg in the file name. The following characters will lead to image uploading problems: !@#$%^&*()_+
Official website: www.mplsphotocenter.com/exhibits/