CIWEM’s Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010 Competition
CIWEM’s Environmental Photographer of the Year is an international showcase for the very best in environmental photography, honouring amateur and professional photographers who use their ability to raise awareness of environmental and social issues.
EPOTY encourages images of places and people that are benefitting from a changing climate, or vulnerable ecosystems and communities that are struggling with the effects. Images examine the relationship between economic development, environmental degradation and social inequity, celebrate innovations helping us achieve environmental improvements, examine lifestyles, cultural traditions, spiritual activities and racial prejudices, and celebrate the incredible variety and beauty that exists within our natural environment.
- Mott MacDonald’s Changing Climates
- Innovation in the Environment (New Category for 2010)
- The Natural World
- The Underwater World (New Category for 2010)
- Quality of Life
- A View From the Western World (New Category for 2010)
- Young Environmental Photographer of the Year – Under 16
- Young Environmental Photographer of the Year – Under 21
Prize fund: £3,500
Each picture must be assigned to only one of the categories above but you may enter more than one picture into a category. There is a maximum of seven images per entrant.
- Impact – does it illustrate immediate, subtle or resonant messages?
- Creativity – is it unusual, thoughtful, beautiful, subversive or ironic?
- Originality – is the subject treated differently, and is the subject matter new?
- Composition – consider the perspective, balance, clarity of meaning and focus of statement
- Technical Quality – consider clarity, focus, lighting, exposure, and colour
All entries should be jpegs over 2MB. Your image must be of good enough resolution that it can be printed at the minimum size of approximately A3 (or the equivalent ratio of your image), meaning we require an image to be at 300dpi.
Official web site: http://www.ciwem.org/arts/photographer/epoty_competition_2010.asp