Unintended Consequences – Global Drug War Poster Contest
This contest aims to highlight the unintended consequences of drug control efforts on public health, crime, environment, human rights – by articulating personal stories and tragedies, lost opportunities and liberties, and the irreversible damage that has been caused to lives and property.
We are looking for creative, attention-grabbing and poignant images that graphically express the everyday reality and impact of the global drug war on public health, public security and human rights.
- Repressive law enforcement interventions
- Imprisonment of drug users
- Impact of forced eradication on farmer’s lives
- Environmental impact of eradication
- Barriers to access to health care
- Stigma against drug use
- Poverty and drug use
- Contrast of attitudes toward licit and illicit drugs
- Drug use as a cultural heritage
- Impacts of the drug war on ethnic minorities
- Violence related to the black market of drugs
- Forced treatment of drug users
- Drug users with HIV and AIDS
- Death penalty
- Impact of the drug war on families
- Fear-based drug education & prevention
- Mandatory drug testing in schools and workplaces
- Best practice in education, care, treatment & harm reduction
The Best Poster Submission will be awarded with 1000 EUR.
In the poster category the second best wins 400 EUR and the third best wins 200 EUR.
• posters can illustrate fictional scenes – but should be based on existing, real problems in the context of the global and national drug control regimes;
• you may submit multiple entries, so long as each entry meets all requirements;
• posters should be submitted in high quality format not smaller than 3mb, by sending them to our email: email@example.com;
• you must add a title and a short description (where and when it was taken and what does it illustrate) to the poster in English;
• each entrant can win only one prize.
Official web site: drogriporter.hu/en/contest