The National Press Photographers Association’s 2008 Best Of Photojournalism competition
Compete with the very best in still photojournalism. Now in its seventh year, the Best of Photojournalism (BOP) is the world’s leading digital photojournalism contest.Best of Photojournalism 2008 is open to professional photographers, editors and online photojournalists, and there is no entry fee. All entries must have been taken or initially published between January 1st and December 31st, 2007. Photographers do not need to be members of NPPA to enter.
BOP is a project of the National Press Photographers Association.
Number of Entries Allowed Per Photographer:
- Each photographer will be limited to 20 entries.
- Photographers may enter in any combination of single, story, or portfolio categories, subject to the 20-entry limit.
- A picture story or portfolio is considered one entry, so a photographer can submit considerably more than 20 images if they enter pictures in these categories.
- A single photograph may not be entered on its own in more than one category. However, a photo may be entered in both a single category and one picture story.
- Similarly, a picture story may be entered both in the appropriate picture story category and as a part of a single portfolio.
- A picture entered in the wrong category will not be reclassified and the judges reserve the right to disqualify it.
A list of categories and all the terms and rules are available here: